September 2, 2009
Premier is pleased to join the University of Minnesota
Center for Infectious Disease, Research & Policy – CIDRAP
as a supporting sponsor
for a National Summit on Preparedness for H1N1 Influenza.
Keeping the World Working During the H1N1 Pandemic:
Protecting Employee Health,
Critical Operations, and Customer Relations
September 22-23, 2009
Minneapolis, MN, at Marriott City Center Hotel
Hear experts from industry, public health, government, and healthcare and join discussions on current and practical issues about the response to novel H1N1 influenza.
In addition to plenary sessions, there will be 20 breakout sessions to choose from among the tracks that cover public and private sector, including industry, healthcare, human resources, public health and the community.
SPECIAL HEALTHCARE TRACK: Among the topics and faculty participating in the moderated discussions in the HEALTHCARE TRACK are:
- Supply Chain Inventory Gaps: Community Planning, Vendor Agreements, Supplies, Antivirals/Vaccines, Stockpiles
- Maintaining Workforces: How to Address Staffing, Sick Time and Credentialing/Privileges
- Reducing Risk of Transmission: Protecting Employees and Patients Through Respiratory Protection, Protocols, Immunization and Compliance Monitoring
- Communications: Keeping Employees, Patients, Public Health, Media and the Community Informed
- Gina Pugliese, R.N., M.S., V.P., Premier Safety Institute, Premier Inc.
- Toby Merlin, M.D., Deputy Director, Influenza Coordination Unit, CDC
- Robert Dunne, M.D., ER Medicine, St. John Hospital , Detroit Supervisory Medical Officer, National Disaster Medical System, USDHHS
- Ramon A. Leon, M.P.H., Hospital Preparedness – Riverside County (CA) Department of Public Health
- Barbara Russell, R.N., M.P.H., C.I.C., Baptist South Florida Emergency Preparedness Council
- Dale McShine, M.S., Healthcare Emergency Preparedness Program, New York City Department of Health
- Don Hancock, Group Vice President and Co-Chair H1N1 Preparedness Team, Premier Inc.
- Linda Greene, R.N., M.P.S., C.I.C., Infection Prevention, Rochester General Hospital System
- Charles Workman, C.H.E.P, Emergency Management, Texas Health Resources
- John Carrico, M.S., H1N1 Planning Team and Supply Chain Operations, Fairview at University of Minnesota
Registration, conference details, complete agenda, at the conference Web site: