SafetyShare® newsletter brought to you by the Premier Safety Institute®
December 8, 2014
Ebola – Preparation and response in
U.S. healthcare settings
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
2-3:30 p.m. ET / 1-2:30 p.m. CT / Noon-1:30 p.m. MT /
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. PT
- Tom Talbot, MD, chief hospital epidemiologist, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Neil Fishman, MD, associate chief medical officer, University of Pennsylvania Health System
- David Henderson, MD, deputy director for clinical care and associate director for clinical quality, patient safety and hospital epidemiology, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
- Michael Bell, MD, deputy director of division of healthcare quality promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jeffrey Ashkenase, senior vice president, Greater New York Hospital Association
- MODERATOR: Gina Pugliese, RN, MS, vice president, Premier Safety Institute®
You’re invited to this live presentation to hear from experts who have cared for patients with Ebola and developed comprehensive programs to prepare for
and respond to their first case. The conversation topics will include:
Ebola designated treatment centers
- Triage and handling patients in ED, ambulatory and outpatient settings
- Coordinating supply needs and sources
- Special situations, including OB and pediatrics
- Managing sewage and waste
- Partnerships with health departments
- Using tabletop exercises, simulations and drills to prepare
- Donning and doffing PPE
This event is open to the public. Follow the conversation on Twitter at #AdvisorLive.
Submit a question to the panel
In order to answer as many questions as possible during the program, please email your questions by Friday December 5 to: Safety_Institute@premierinc.com
Visit the Premier Safety Institute website for Ebola resources, tools and links to on-demand educational programs from the CDC and others: www.premierinc.com/ebola
Register for the live webinar here.
Can’t make the live event on December 9? That’s OK. Register anyway and we’ll send you a link to the recording and slides.
For technical questions, please email email@example.com or call the Premier
Solution Center at 877.777.1552.