Sharps Injury Prevention: Needlesticks, Scalpels, And Glass
Premier has a long-standing commitment to worker safety, including prevention of occupational needlestick injuries. Premier’s work in needlestick injury prevention began with the launch of the Premier Safety Institute in 1999. For nearly two decades, the Premier Safety Institute® has provided information and resources to assist healthcare organizations in protecting workers from bloodborne pathogen exposure through percutaneous sharps injuries. The following documents describe Premier’s history of support for sharps safety and needlestick prevention.
Risks of occupational bloodborne infection
Sharps injury prevention resources
- Preventing needlesticks and sharps injuries opens in a new tab
- Emergency sharps information for workers opens in a new tab
- Engineering controls to prevent needlesticks and sharps injuries opens in a new tab
- Surveillance opens in a new tab
- Universal Precautions for Preventing Transmission of Bloodborne Infections opens in a new tab
Premier healthcare alliance
- Sharps safety devices – Many safety devices designed to prevent sharps injuries — including syringes, phlebotomy devices, lancets, vascular access devices, suture needles, and sharps disposal containers — are available through Premier’s contracts opens in a new tab (member login required) with a wide variety of contracted suppliers.