For use in all healthcare settings
The Premier Safety Institute developed a brochure to educate healthcare and public health and safety workers in any setting across the continuum of care about the serious risks of occupational needlestick injuries and strategies and devices to reduce risks. The settings where needlestick injuries may occur include ambulatory settings, physicians’ offices, ambulances, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, home health care, assisted living, or hospitals.
Download copy of brochure
- Low resolution version (web) – Needlestick prevention brochure
- High resolution version (print) – Needlestick prevention brochure
The 12-page, easy-to-read brochure has
- How needlesticks happen
- Why needlesticks are stressful to you and your family
- What work practices can protect you
- What the laws are for using safety devices
- How to evaluate safety devices
- How to dispose of sharps safely
- What to do if you are injured
CDC Sharps safety pamphlet
New, free CDC pamphlet on sharps safety. 2-page tri-fold; easy to download and print.