Premier healthcare alliance: Disaster Preparedness and Response Resources
To help guide the Premier membership in its preparation and potential response activities; members will find preparation checklists, proposed disaster playbooks, monthly tips, supplier, regulatory and support offerings and real-time updates during and immediately following a disaster including hurricanes Premier healthcare alliance: Disaster Preparedness and Response Resources requires log in, opens in a new tab (member log in required).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains a comprehensive website opens in a new tab with information for emergency preparedness and response and recover from disasters, including hurricanes. Key resources from CDC and other organizations are included here.
Information from professional, governmental and healthcare organizations
- AHRQ Public health emergency preparedness
- ATSDR Rapid Response Registry The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease helps local, state, and federal public health and disaster response agencies rapidly establish registries of persons who are exposed or potentially exposed to chemicals or other harmful agents during catastrophic events.
- Clinical guidance for carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning after a disaster
- Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) Toolkit Public health practitioners and emergency management officials can use CDC’s rapid needs assessment toolkit to determine the health status and basic needs of the affected community quickly
- Disaster Epidemiology Resources Mortality and morbidity surveillance forms that can be used in health care facilities and shelters
- Health information for disaster relief volunteers
- HVAC remediation after flood
- Immunizations after a disaster
- Infection control
- Medical records
- Mold after a disaster
- Natural Disasters & Severe Weather site Information about flood recovery, power outages, carbon monoxide poisoning, food and water safety, rodent control after a disaster, winter weather emergency preparedness, animals and insects, and related topics
- Surveillance and assessment after a disaster
- NIH National Institute of Health Hurricane preparedness, response, clean-up and recovery
- OSHA Hurricane preparedness and response
- Weather: National hurricane center