COVID-19: Premier Response And Resources
Latest Updates:Due to the rapidly changing information available on COVID-19, this page is updated frequently. The latest updates include:
- Advisor Live® Webinars links to content within the page (updated 5/7/2020)
- Premier Press Releases links to content within the page (updated 5/7/2020)
Premier COVID-19 Response and Resources
While SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 are new, preparing for responses to disasters is not, especially for the seasoned experts at Premier. We are committed to meeting the needs of our member hospitals and health systems and the patients they serve.
Premier healthcare alliance: Disaster Preparedness and Response Resourcesopens in a new tab are available to help guide the Premier membership in its preparation and potential response activities for emergencies, disasters and disruptions, such as hurricanes and outbreaks. Members will find preparation checklists, proposed disaster playbooks, monthly tips, supplier, regulatory and support offerings and real-time updates during and immediately following a disaster (member login required).
Advisor Live® Webinars
- COVID-19: Break the Wave with Predictive Surveillance & Decision Support (May 2)
- COVID-19 has already disrupted modern society on a scale that most living people have never witnessed. What can we do now to mitigate future waves and better prepare for the next crisis?
- Listen to this on-demand webinar opens in a new tab where Premier experts share a showcase of Predictive Surveillance and Decision Support technology that can:
- Alert infection preventionists of suspected and confirmed cases.
- Translate national guidelines into decision support for clinicians, embedded in the EMR workflow.
- Use natural language processing and machine learning to mine clinical notes for early warning signs.
- Predict surge, and forecast necessary supplies, staffing and beds 7-14 days in advance.
- Share daily, enterprise-level COVID-19 insights based on integrated data sources.
- Ryan Nellis, Chief Commercial Operations Officer, Premier
- Robin Carver, RN, MSN, CIC, Vice President Member Engagement, Premier
- COVID-19: Implications for Clinicians (March 18):
- The World Health Organization has deemed COVID-19 a global pandemic, which has raised fears and confirmed what many clinicians have suspected – we need to be prepared now!
- This webinar was designed specifically for clinicians and infection preventionists, who are the front lines in managing and mitigating the current crisis. The webinar provided the latest updates on the impact COVID-19 is having in the U.S. and specific strategies and tactics supporting early identification and mitigation of the clinical risks associated with COVID-19. Listen to the recording and download the presentation on demand here.
- Topics covered included:
- Review of key points of knowledge needed for healthcare professionals and support staff.
- Discussion of the most updated guidelines and guidance for prevention and control of COVID-19.
- Overview of supply chain updates.
- This webinar provides an update on the impact of this disease in the U.S., covers specifics on the risks to our supply chain of PPE products, including N95 respirators, and makes recommendations for limiting risk for our nation’s healthcare systems and their patient populations. View the recording on demand at your convenience.
- Regulatory Flexibilities Available to Address COVID-19: To help you keep abreast of the daily announcements coming from HHS, Premier’s Public Affairs office has compiled a comprehensive resource on the regulatory flexibilities granted by HHS to date. They will continue to update this resource as new developments unfold (member login required). The current public health emergency due to COVID-19 has exposed a blind spot in the U.S. supply chain; America’s patients are vulnerable to shortages of critical, life-saving drugs. Premier applauds the representatives who introduced the Preventing Drug Shortages Act. Read Premier’s statement here.
- On demand webinar: Reviewing the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
Premier Press Releases
- Premier Inc. Survey: Hospitals’ COVID-19 Testing Capacity Must at Least Triple Before Elective Surgeries Can Fully Resume (May 7) opens in a new tab
- Premier Inc. Data: As COVID-19 Cases Spike, Demand for Drugs Used to Treat Related, Co-Morbid Conditions Also Soars (April 30) opens in a new tab
- Premier Inc. Real-Time Technology Solution Tracks, Manages and Supports Treatment of COVID-19 Patients Across the Country (April 20) opens in a new tab
- Premier Inc. Survey: Isolation Gowns Replace N95 Masks as the Top Shortage Concern Among Hospitals and Health Systems Treating COVID-19 Patients (April 17) opens in a new tab