Listed chronologically by date, beginning with most recent. Some articles are downloadable.
- Dead in bed syndrome. What are you doing for safer opioid pain management.
Pugliese G. Action for Better Healthcare Blog March 2015
- Economic impact of redundant antimicrobial therapy in US hospitals.
Schultz L, Lower TJ, Srinivasan A, Neilson D, Pugliese G. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2014 Oct; 35(10):1229-35
- Addressing opioid risks in the hospital setting: How safe are your patients?
Pugliese G. Quality Outlook, Third Qtr, 2014
- 5 easy ways to go green – start with a green team
McNelis K, Action for Better Healthcare Blog, April 21, 2014
- Ten ways to reduce alarm fatigue- Part II
Pugliese G. Action for Better Healthcare Blog Mar 7, 2014
- Sounding the alarm on alarm fatigue-Part I.
Pugliese G . Action for Better Healthcare Blog March 6, 2014
- Syringe reuse endangers patients
Pugliese G, Quality Outlook, August 2013
- The National Burden of Preventable Adverse DrugEvents Associated with Inpatient Injectable Medications Proceedings from a Virtual Roundtable Program, January 14, 2013
- Saving money by reducing blood product use – without adversely affecting outcomes. Pugliese G, HFMA Dec 2012
- No it’s not OK to reuse that syringe.
Pugliese G, CDC Safe Healthcare Blog April 26, 2011
- Injection practices among clinicians in U.S. health care settings.
Pugliese G, Gosnell C, Bartley J, Robinson S. Am J Infect Control; Dec 2010; 38:789-98.
- Applications of ultraviolet germicidal irradiation disinfection in health care facilities: Effective adjunct, but not stand-alone technology. Memarzadeh F, Olmsted R, Bartley J. Am J Infect Control 2010;38:S13-24.
- Evaluating hygienic cleaning in health care settings: What you do not know can harm your patients. Carling P, Bartley J, Am J Infect Control 2010;38:S41-50.
- Current views of health care design and construction: Practical implications for safer, cleaner environments. Bartley J, Olmsted R, Haas J. Am J Infect Control 2010;38:S1-12.
- Design of the Environment of Care for Safety of Patients and Personnel: Does form follow function or vice versa in the ICU Bartley J, Streifel A. Critical Care Medicine supp. 2010; 38(8) S388-98
- A Multi-Center Evaluation of the Patient Empowerment Video Hand Hygiene Saves Lives. Brinsley-Rainish KJ, Schillie SF, Pugliese G, Bartley J, Jernigan JA. CDC Fifth Decennial on Healthcare-associated infections, Atlanta GA 2010.